[ANPPOM-Lista] What Sounds Do: New Directions in an Anthopology of Sound, 15–16 Sep. 2022 5:00–13:00 UTC-3

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Quinta Junho 9 17:05:33 -03 2022

Event by RMC - Rytmisk Musikkonservatorium and Sound Studies Lab
Rhythmic Music Conservatory
Duration: 4 days
Public  · Anyone on or off Facebook
13 SEP AT 05:00 – 16 SEP AT 13:00 UTC-03 (horário de Brasília)

[Registration coming soon]

Sounds are ever present: They continue to envelop and move through you and
me in every single moment. But what agencies drive those sounds, what sort
of personae are performed, in historical periods as well as today or in the
near future? What social relations occur as a result of sound? And how
might our embodied experiences and sensibilities create new bodies of
knowledge?

To which forms of experiences with our bodies, with objects, within social
relations and with peculiar situations and sensibilities might this lead?
Which sonic fictions escort us and how do we listen with our sonic corpus?

In this four-day conference between September 13-16, 2022 researchers from
the Sound Studies Lab at the University of Copenhagen and international
scholars such as Andrey Smirnov, Jordan Lacey, and artists like Niels Lynne
Løkkegaard invite you to explore these questions of an anthropology of
sound.

The conference includes keynote lectures by Salomé Voegelin and Dylan
Robinson, research workshops by Jenny Gräf Sheppard, Ania Mauruschat, and
Giada Dalla Bontà, sound works and performances as well as roundtable
discussions that contribute to the work on an Encyclopedia of Sound
Studies, currently conceived by Michael Bull, Holger Schulze, and Jennifer
Stoever.
Join us, the Sound Studies Lab, into these sonic experiments of sensing and
thinking.

¤ PROGRAMME (FULL PROGRAMME WILL BE POSTED OVER THE SUMMER!)
Keynotes by Salomé Voegelin and Dylan Robinson.
Workshops by Jenny Gräf Sheppard, Ania Mauruschat & Giada Dalla Bontà.
Talks and roundtables with Michel Bull, Søren Kjærgaard, Sanne Krogh Groth,
Jordan Lacey, Holger Schulze, Andrey Smirnov, Jennifer Stoever & Kristin
Moriah.
Performances by Niels Lyhne Løkkegaard, Jenny Gräf Sheppard.

¤ FUNDING & COLLABORATIONS
A Conference of the Sound Studies Lab at the University of Copenhagen,
Department Arts & Cultural Studies – in collaboration with the Rhythmic
Music Conservatory Copenhagen and the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Copenhagen.
Funded by Carlsbergfondet, the Rhythmic Music Conservatory Copenhagen, and
the Department Arts & Cultural Studies, the research clusters Global
Entanglements and Art & Earth at the University of Copenhagen.
Registration: Information is coming soon
Date: Tuesday, September 13th to Friday September 16th
Location: Koncertsalen, Rytmisk Musikkonservatorium
Leo Mathisens Vej 1
1437 KBH K
Denmark

https://rmc.dk/da/begivenhed/what-sounds-do-new-directions-anthropology-sound

--
Carlos Palombini, Ph.D. (Dunelm), 1993
Professor de Musicologia, EM-UFMG, 2002–