[SECURITY-L] [ANNOUNCE] OpenSSL 0.9.6g released

Daniela Regina Barbetti Silva daniela em ccuec.unicamp.br
Sex Ago 9 14:21:46 -03 2002

----- Forwarded message from Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <levitte em openssl.org> -----

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <levitte em openssl.org>
Subject: [S] [ANNOUNCE] OpenSSL 0.9.6g released
To: openssl-announce em openssl.org, openssl-users em openssl.org,
	openssl-dev em openssl.org, coderpunks em toad.com,
	cypherpunks em openpgp.net, cryptography em wasabisystems.com,
	INFO-VAX em MVB.SAIC.COM, INFO-WASD em VSM.COM.AU,
	VMS-SSH em ALPHA.SGGW.WAW.PL, VMS-WEB-DAEMON em KJSL.COM
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 14:15:12 +0200 (CEST)

  OpenSSL version 0.9.6g released
  ===============================

  OpenSSL - The Open Source toolkit for SSL/TLS
  http://www.openssl.org/

  The OpenSSL project team is pleased to announce the release of version
  0.9.6g of our open source toolkit for SSL/TLS.  This new OpenSSL version
  is a bugfix release.

  The most significant changes are:

      o Important building fixes on Unix.
      o Fix crash in CSwift engine. [engine]

  We consider OpenSSL 0.9.6g to be the best version of OpenSSL available
  and we strongly recommend that users of older versions upgrade as
  soon as possible.  OpenSSL 0.9.6g is available for download via HTTP
  and FTP from the following master locations (you can find the various
  FTP mirrors under http://www.openssl.org/source/mirror.html):

    o http://www.openssl.org/source/
    o ftp://ftp.openssl.org/source/

  [1] OpenSSL comes in the form of two distributions this time.
  The reasons for this is that we want to deploy the external crypto device
  support but don't want to have it part of the "normal" distribution just
  yet.  The distribution containing the external crypto device support is
  popularly called "engine", and is considered experimental.  It's been
  fairly well tested on Unix and flavors thereof.  If run on a system with
  no external crypto device, it will work just like the "normal" distribution.

  The distribution file names are:

      o openssl-0.9.6g.tar.gz [normal]
        MD5 checksum: 515ed54165a55df83f4eb4e4e9078d3f
      o openssl-engine-0.9.6g.tar.gz [engine]
        MD5 checksum: 87cb788c99e40b6e67268ea35d1d250c

  The checksums were calculated using the following commands:

    openssl md5 < openssl-0.9.6g.tar.gz
    openssl md5 < openssl-engine-0.9.6g.tar.gz

  Yours,
  The OpenSSL Project Team...

    Mark J. Cox             Ben Laurie          Andy Polyakoff
    Ralf S. Engelschall     Richard Levitte     Geoff Thorpe
    Dr. Stephen Henson      Bodo Möller
    Lutz Jänicke            Ulf Möller