[SECURITY-L] Noticias-CAIS: Safemode.org closes its doors!

Daniela Regina Barbetti daniela em ccuec.unicamp.br
Sex Jan 25 14:34:25 -02 2002

----- Forwarded message from "Liliana E. Velasquez Alegre Solha" <nina em cais.rnp.br> -----

From: "Liliana E. Velasquez Alegre Solha" <nina em cais.rnp.br>
Subject: [S] Noticias-CAIS: Safemode.org closes its doors!
To: <seguranca em pangeia.com.br>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:56:19 -0200 (EDT)

Fonte: http://www.safemode.org/

			Safemode.org closes its doors!

No more defacements will be mirrored on safemode.org. As you know this
mirror was mostly run by me, zillion. I have been running safemode for
several years now and reached a point where I do no longer appreciate doing
it. The defacing scene is evaluating in such a way that in order to keep up
with it you require a full team of people willing to take mirrors. This site
is sucking up all my free time, energy and has a negative influence on my
personal live.

In the early beginnings every defacement notification mail was exciting and
always special in some kind of way. Also until a year ago the daily amount
of defacements where so low that I *appreciated* all of them. Now every
morning I open my mailbox with 100-150 emails. Often defacers mail from
hacked systems, send mass hacks in 20 separate emails (in order to try and
get a bigger record), send fake defacements, send mail bombs etc etc... it
all makes me tired and not want to do this anymore.

New cyber crime laws have also influenced my decision to stop running this
mirror. Running a defacement mirror without breaking any of these laws (if
this is possible) requires a lot of discipline and takes away the fun
element.

I would like to thank all people who have helped me over the years
(especially barre and mystakill) and will do my best to keep this site
online and available for the public.

Regards,

zillion

----- End forwarded message -----