[ANPPOM-L] CFP: Musicology at Kalamazoo

Carlos Palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Seg Ago 29 01:43:38 BRT 2005

Apologies for cross-posting--please feel free to pass along to any
interested parties.

The Program Committee for Musicology at Kalamazoo (Alice Clark, Cathy
Ann Elias, and Kevin Moll) is sponsoring the following nine sessions for
next May's International
Congress on Medieval Studies (4-7 May 2006):

* Musical Instruction in the Middle Ages
* Words and Music
* Unity and Diversity in Medieval Musical Thought
* Source Studies
* Analysis of Medieval Music
* Liturgy and Music in the Middle Ages
* Gender and Medieval Music
* Citation and Authority in the Middle Ages
* Music and Pilgrimage

We invite proposals on any of these topics, or other areas concerning
music in the middle ages.  Proposals may be sent by e-mail, and should
include an abstract, as well as the Abstract Cover Sheet required by the
Medieval Institute (available at
http://www.wmich.edu/medieval/congress/41cfp/forms.html ).

Proposals should be sent to the committee chair, at the address below,
and must be received by 15 September 2005.

PLEASE, given the fact that I am currently evacuated and we don't know
how much damage New Orleans will have to deal with from Katrina, follow
up faxes or postal submissions with at least an e-mail message letting
me know that you sent a submission.  If you do not have a reply from me
within 24 hours, that probably means our server has gone down, so please
send an additional message to Cathy Ann Elias <elias em cs.uchicago.edu>.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks,

Alice Clark
Chair, Program Committee
Musicology at Kalamazoo
avclark em loyno.edu

Alice V. Clark
Associate Professor and
Coordinator of Music History and Literature
Loyola University New Orleans
504/865-3065
avclark em loyno.edu

--