[ANPPOM-L] CFP: Graduate Student Symposium in Music

Carlos Palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Sáb Nov 19 12:53:53 BRST 2005

The Don Wright Faculty of Music Graduate Student Symposium in Music
The University of Western Ontario, Canada
May 13-14, 2006

The program committee for the Graduate Student Symposium in Music at the
University of Western Ontario (London, Ontario, Canada) is pleased to
invite submissions of graduate student proposals for our seventh annual
symposium. The symposium will be held May 13-14, 2006 in London,
Ontario, Canada. This year, we are delighted to have prominent composer
Christos Hatzis as our Keynote Speaker. Mr. Hatzis, a professor of
composition at the University of Toronto, is increasingly recognized
internationally as "one of the most important composers writing today."
(CBC Records)  More information on Mr. Hatzis is available at:
www.chass.utoronto.ca/~chatzis/

The committee is seeking submissions in all areas of music scholarship
including ethnomusicology, music education, musicology, music
psychology, and music theory. Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature
are also encouraged. Papers must be limited to 30 minutes.

In addition, we invite proposals for lecture-recitals and submissions
from student composers to explicate their piece(s). Both kinds of
sessions must be limited to 40 minutes. In addition to your proposal,
send three copies of a cassette tape or CD with excerpts from the pieces
under discussion. If you wish to have your recordings returned, send a
stamped, self-addressed envelope.

All proposals should be limited to 500 words. The author's name should
appear only on the cover letter, along with the title of the paper,
mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number. The deadline for
the receipt of proposals is WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2006. All submissions
received before and up to the deadline will be acknowledged.

Submissions and inquiries may be sent in the body of an e-mail to
shorsley em uwo.ca.  Subject: "Graduate Student Symposium" OR Send 6 copies
of abstracts to:

Stephanie Horsley
Graduate Student Symposium in Music 2005
Don Wright Faculty of Music, University of Western Ontario
Talbot College 210
London, Ontario
Canada N6A 3K3

Anita Hardeman