[ANPPOM-L] Echo 7.1 Has Launched

Carlos Palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Sáb Ago 5 14:05:04 BRT 2006

The editorial board of Echo: a Music-Centered Journal is pleased to
announce the publication of our newest issue.

-----------------------------------
Issue 7, Volume 1
ISSN 1535-1807
http://www.echo.ucla.edu

*Articles*
"A Social History of Nepali Pop in Nepal's Urban Youth Culture, 1985-2000"
Yubakar Raj Rajkarnikar and Paul Greene

"That Loving Feeling Meets the Danger Zone: Men, Sex, and Music in Top Gun"
Raphael Atlas

*Review Essay*
David Gramit:
Listening to Reason: Culture, Subjectivity, and Nineteenth-Century
Music, by Michael P. Steinberg
Music in the Culture of Polish Galicia, 1772-1914, by Jolanta T. Pekacz

*Reviews*
Matthew Delmont
Alan Lomax: Selected Writings, 1934-1997, by Ronald D. Cohen

Douglas Kahn
Capturing Sound: How Technology Has Changed Music, by Mark Katz

ECHO is a peer-reviewed online journal edited by graduate students in
the Department of Musicology at UCLA. We welcome submissions sent to
echojour em humnet.ucla.edu. All content on ECHO is archived and free to
access.

Phil Gentry
pgentry em ucla.edu

--