[ANPPOM-L] help save the theatre museum

carlos palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Dom Dez 3 12:08:41 BRST 2006

The Theatre Museum in London, a branch of the Victoria and Albert Museum, is
threatened with closure.  The museum, which contains an extensive collection
of all sorts of materials on all types of theatre, including many items of
interest to musicologists, dealing with, for example, opera, Covent Garden,
Handel, Gilbert and Sullivan, and so on.  For more on the Theatre Museum, go to
their website:  http://www.theatremuseum.org.uk/default.php.

The reasons behind the closure are supposedly financial, but it seems like
there is more to the story than just that.  Now, a group called "Guardians of
the Theatre Museum" has been formed to help keep it open.   They are looking to
get the names of at least 100,000 people who object to its closing by the end
of the month.  Their goals are stated below, and I would encourage all serious
researchers of music and theatre to participate in their attempt to keep the
museum open.

Jeff Dailey
DrJSDailey em aol.com

The V & A will CLOSE the Theatre Museum on January 7th. A campaign has now
been launched to prevent this happening, to allow time for proper consultation
about its future and to ensure the continuation of this vital resource.

Please add your name in support. We are not asking you to give money or
effort. People are signing up every minute. We want to get 100,000 names by
Christmas - with your help we may get many more.

Just follow these three simple steps:
Log on to our website http://www.theatremuseumguardians.org.uk/ Which will
also give you more background
Fill in your name
Tick a couple of boxes
THAT’S ALL.      Please do it NOW.     Thanks
Apologies if you receive this from more than one source. We are block
e-mailing to as many people as possible and would be grateful if you would pass the
message on to your contacts. Tell your colleagues, friends, students, lovers -
even your enemies if  you think they'd care!

--
cp