[ANPPOM-L] Nova publicação online: Music & Politics

carlos palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Sáb Nov 11 10:08:14 BRST 2006

The editors of "Music and Politics," a new peer-reviewed Electronic
journal, invite submissions of any length that explore the interaction of
music and politics. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the
impact of politics on the lives of musicians, music as a form of political
discourse, and the influences of ideology on musical historiography. In
addition, we seek articles that examine pedagogical issues and strategies
pertaining to the study of music and politics in the undergraduate
classroom. We also welcome suggestions and/or submissions of articles on
music and politics that have already been published in another language and
that would benefit from dissemination in English translation. Submissions
are encouraged from both established scholars and graduate students.
Because "Music and Politics" is an on-line journal, authors are welcome to
take advantage of the media capabilities of the web (sound files,
hyperlinks, color images, and video).

The first issue of "Music and Politics" (January 2007) will feature the
following articles:

o Michael Beckerman, "Terezin Politics and the Topography of Final Works"
o J. Martin Daughtry, "Charting Paths through Terror's Wake: Reflections on
Music Scholarship after 9/11"
o Guido Fackler, "Music in Concentration Camps: 1933-1945"
o Patricia Hall, "A Class in Music and Politics for Non-Majors"
o Jeremy Smith, "William Byrd, Religious Politics and the Missing Elegy of
1588: An Hypothesis"
o Derek Katz, New CD's on Music and Politics
o Eunice Schroeder, New Books on Music and Politics

For more information, please visit our website:
http://www.music.ucsb.edu/projects/musicandpolitics/

--
Carlos Palombini