[ANPPOM-L] espólio de Cage processa plágio de excerto de 4'33"

carlos palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Dom Set 23 09:22:33 BRT 2007

Not daunted by John Cage's estate's lawsuit against a group that
allegedly copied 60 seconds of John Cage's work consisting of 4 minutes
and 33 seconds of silence (to which the group's lawyer had replied that
Cage's lawyer had not specified which 60 seconds of silence were
copied), conceptual artist  Jonathan Keats has now released, MyCage, a 4
minute and 33 second ringtone, consisting of computer-generated silence.
He views this as superior to Cage's version, as digital technology
allows for a more silent silence (although I suppose some will argue
that ambient noise was one of the points of Cage's work).

Sobre o silêncio de Cage, Valério da Costa me indicou um artigo muito
bom: "John Cage's Queer Silence or How to Avoid Making Matters Worse" de
Jonathan Katz. O link é este:

<www.queerculturalcenter.org/Pages/KatzPages/KatzWorse.html>.

Carlos

--
carlos palombini (dr p)
professor adjunto de musicologia

"Voir le jour se lever est plus utile que d'entendre la Symphonie Pastorale" (Debussy, 1901).