[ANPPOM-L] CFP: música e política

carlos palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Ter Abr 29 15:04:30 BRT 2008

Convocatória para periódico muito bom:

+++

Music and Politics, an on-line journal, http://www.music.ucsb.edu/projects/musicandpolitics/ has recently published its third issue, featuring the following articles and reviews:

Stefan Strötgen, “'I compose the Party Rally?': The Role of Music in Leni Riefenstahl's Triumph of the Will”
Daniel Koglin, “Marginality-A Key Concept in Understanding the Resurgence of Rebetiko in Turkey”
Amy Beal, “A Class on Politics and Protest in American Musical History”
Christina Gier, “Gender, Politics and the Fighting Soldier's Song in America during World War I”
Eva Moreda-Rodriguez, “Italian Musicians in Francoist Spain, 1939-1945: The Perspective of Music Critics”
Eunice Schroeder, “Recent Books on Music and Politics”
Derek Katz, “Music and Politics CDs 2007”

Music and Politics welcomes submissions of any length that explore the interaction of Music and Politics. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the impact of politics on the lives of musicians, music as a form of political discourse, and the influences of ideology on musical historiography. In addition, we seek articles that examine pedagogical issues and strategies pertaining to the study of Music and Politics in the undergraduate classroom. We also welcome suggestions and/or submissions of articles on Music and Politics that have already been published in another language and that would benefit from dissemination in English translation. Submissions are encouraged from both established scholars and graduate students. Because Music and Politics is an on-line journal, authors are welcome to take advantage of the media capabilities of the web (sound files, hyperlinks, color images, and video).