[ANPPOM-L] CFP: International Magazine for Music New Sound no. 32, Improvisation

carlos palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Sex Jan 25 22:33:45 BRST 2008

INVITATION TO COLLABORATE
International Magazine for Music New Sound no. 32 (II/2008)

The editorial Board of the International Magazine for Music New Sound is dedicating the second volume of the 2008 magazine (no. 32) to the phenomenon of improvisation. As one of the primary impulses for composing and performing music, improvisation has long been a matter of keen interest to many music-makers, composers, performers.  In accordance with the magazine's concept [approach, style or modus operandi], our proposal is to consider improvisation from various angles, including the perspectives of scholars living in different cultural milieus, involving the following fields of study:

- the historical aspect
- improvisation in folk music
- improvisation in the context of church music
- improvisation in Baroque (organ improvisation, basso continuo…)
- the problem of cadence in concertante literature
- improvisation in 20th-century music (jazz, aleatory music, controlled improvisation…)
- improvisation in live-electronic and computer music
- musical improvisation within educational practices

Bearing in mind your professional interests and reputation, we kindly invite you to contribute to the 32nd issue of the International Magazine for Music New Sound.   Note that articles should be 5-6 pages in length (3,885 characters, including spaces, per page).

We will be accepting your topic suggestions until 30 April 2008 and completed articles no later than 30 June 2008. Please send your topic suggestions and articles to the email address of our offices: sokojmic at eunet.yu.

--
carlos palombini (dr p)
professor adjunto de musicologia

"... il fallait trouver une voix assez noble pour interpréter la non-pensée du Maréchal [Pétain]. Nous avions, au secrétariat à la Jeunesse, un conseiller technique infiniment respectable qui avait délaissé un moment le piano pour s'occuper de choses plus considérables. Il s'appelait Alfred Cortot." (Pierre Schaeffer, Les antennes de Jéricho, 1978)