[ANPPOM-L] CFP: BÖSE. MACHT. MUSIK. The Power of Evil in Music, Student Symposium, Oldenburg University, Germany, October 2008

carlos palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Qua Mar 19 23:27:00 BRT 2008

Olá,

Eu disse que não ia mais mandar anúncios para a lista, mas esta chamada
é muito boa e merece divulgação.

+++

Invitation to the 22nd student symposium by the German association of musicology students (DVSM e.V.), 10/10-12/10/2008 at the department of music of Oldenburg University.  Evil lurks everywhere – even in music. It is tempting and repulsive at the same time. It is unimaginable – yet it captures our imagination. It has always existed and it will last until the end of time. Our symposium is going to enter the twilight zone which marks the boundaries between music and evil, offering wide room for numerous aspects and appealing to different viewpoints. By putting the three German words 'böse' (evil), 'Macht' (power, but also a finite form of 'machen' - to make/ to do) and 'Musik' in different order three distinct topics can be created, which gives a structure to the symposium.

1. MUSIK: BÖSE MACHT – Music: An evil power.
This statement gives room for philosophical, theological, sociological or aesthetic approaches, as well as for economic aspects of music.
2. MACHT MUSIK BÖSE? - Does music make you evil? An interrogation which brings up further questions concerning the impact music has on humans considering cultural, ethnical and aesthetic aspects from music psychology, music sociology, music therapy and music education.
3. MACHT BÖSE MUSIK! - Let's make evil music! Addressing everyone involved in creating sinister sounds: Let's make evil music because if evil is music, it can't be too bad!

Our intention is to enlighten the dark and to scientifically approach the mystery of evil in music. We would like to invite students, postgraduates, young scientists and artists, also from other disciplines to contribute to one of these topics. In particular we would be to invite active musicians who are willing to perform their own works. We are going to arrange accommodation and - as far as our budget allows - refund travel expenses. Submitted lectures should not exceed a time limit of 30 minutes and should offer room for further discussions. Please send your application including a short abstract of your lecture (English or German, max. 300 words) until 30/04/2008 to the following email-address: Symposium.2008_at_dvsm.de

For further information please consult the website www.boese-macht-musik.de. We look forward to various offerings for lectures, panels, workshops and performance.

--
cvp
cpalombini em gmail.com