[ANPPOM-L] stipends for Preserving Our Audiovisual Media (San Francisco)

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Qui Set 25 21:33:19 BRT 2008

A Race Against Time: Preserving Our Audiovisual Media

Presented by the Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts

November 6 & 7, 2008

Cosponsored and hosted by the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art

San Francisco, CA

Lead Speaker:

Alan Lewis, Audiovisual Archives Consultant, Washington, DC

Speakers:

George Blood, President, Safe Sound Archive

Hannah Frost, Media Preservation Librarian, Digital Library Systems and
Services, Digital Production, Stanford University Libraries & Academic
Information Resources

Sarah Stauderman, Preservation Manager, Smithsonian Institution Archives

Maureen Whalen, Associate General Council, J. Paul Getty Trust

Richard Wright, Technology Manager, BBC Archives, United Kingdom

CCAHA is pleased to offer a limited number of stipends of up to $750 to
help defray travel, lodging, and registration costs associated with
attending A Race Against Time: Preserving Our Audiovisual Media in San
Francisco.  Detailed program and stipend application information is on
the downloadable brochure at
http://www.ccaha.org/education/program-calendar

Stipend Eligibility:

*        Individuals must work in a non-profit institution that is open
to the public with an annual operating budget of less than $500,000.

*        Preference will be given to those applicants who are directly
responsible for the care of the audiovisual materials collected by their
institution.

*        Stipend applications must be postmarked by October 8, 2008.

Applicants must submit: one-page letter of interest; a brief
institutional profile or brochure; a brief description of audiovisual
materials held by the institution; proof of tax-exempt status; the
institution's most recent financial report; a letter of support from the
institution's director or board president; and the applicant's resume.
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application shortly
following the application deadline.  For additional information on the
program and the stipend application process, please download the
brochure at http://www.ccaha.org/education/program-calendar

The fee for this two-day program is $200.  Funders for this program
include the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and the
Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.

In partnership with PALINET and cosponsored by the California
Preservation Program.

Download the brochure for A Race Against Time: Preserving Our
Audiovisual Media at http://www.ccaha.org/education/program-calendar
and apply for a stipend or to register now!  For more information,
contact the Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts:  call
215-545-0613, email pso em ccaha.org or visit www.ccaha.org
<http://www.ccaha.org/>  .

Kim Andrews

Preservation Services Officer

CONSERVATION CENTER for Art and Historic Artifacts

264 S. 23rd Street

Philadelphia, PA  19103

215-545-0613 (phone)

215-735-9313 (fax)

kandrews em ccaha.org <mailto:kandrews em ccaha.org>

www.ccaha.org

Are you a member institution of the Conservation Center?  Click here
<http://www.ccaha.org/index.php/support/member>  to become a member and
take advantage of our great member benefits!
--
carlos palombini
<cpalombini em gmail.com>

maison suger