[ANPPOM-L] UNCG Job Ad global social problems concentration - Latin America

Adriana Lopes Moreira adrimauricio em uol.com.br
Sex Set 17 14:10:13 BRT 2010

Prezados membros da ANPPOM, CDMC/Brasil e CMU-News

Segue abaixo uma oportunidade de trabalho junto à University of North Carolina at Greensboro.

Atenciosamente,

Adriana Lopes Moreira

(USP)

- - -

Profa. Dra. Adriana Lopes Moreira
Vice-Chefe e Vice-Coordenadora da Graduação
Departamento de Música
Escola de Comunicações e Artes
Universidade de São Paulo
CMU-ECA-USP
Tel. 55 11 3091 4330, r.200
www.cmu.eca.usp.br

 *************

The Department of Sociology invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor. We seek a cultural sociologist whose work has a strong international component and will contribute to our existing global social problems concentration. We have a special interest in candidates with expertise in Latin America. Candidates must hold or anticipate a Ph.D. in Sociology by August 1, 2011. UNC Greensboro is a growing research university with approximately 18,500 undergraduate and graduate students and has recently been awarded a Carnegie classification of a university with "high research activity." It is located in a metropolitan area of 1.2 million in the Piedmont region of North Carolina between the Atlantic Ocean and the Appalachian mountains. The Department of Sociology offers the B.A. and M.A. degrees and currently has fourteen full-time tenure-track faculty. UNC Greensboro is especially proud of the diversity of its student body and we seek to attract an equally diverse applicant pool for this position, including women and members of minority groups. We are an EEO/AA employer with a strong commitment to increasing faculty diversity. To apply, send electronically (1) a letter of application, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) writing sample, and (4) at least three letters of recommendation to: socsearch1664 em gmail.com. Initial review of applications will begin November 15, 2010and continue until the position is filled.
http://provost.uncg.edu/Academic/EPA_Personnel/JobLists/DetailPage.asp?s=2440

Stephen J. Sills, PhD
Assistant Professor of Sociology
Co-Organizer Human Rights Research Network
University of North Carolina at Greensboro

Contact Information:
Voicemail/SMS: +1.336.792.1191
Skype: stephensills
Office: 320 Graham Building UNCG; Greensboro, NC 27402-6170 USA
http://stephensills.wordpress.com