[ANPPOM-Lista] black europe pre-publication subscription

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Ter Out 23 14:53:49 BRST 2012

As editor and co-author may I draw your attention to the pre-publication
subscription offer for BLACK EUROPE: two lavishly illustrated books
(volumes 1 and 2) documenting the sounds and images of musicians and
entertainers of African descent who worked in Europe before 1927, from
minstrel shows to ethnological documentation, some of the first records
made anywhere of African-American folk music practices, from the earliest
ragtime to the emerging syncopated popular music styles and jazz. Among the
recordings made by Africans are those taken at the World Exhibition of
1889, in "Human zoos" or in German prisoner of war camps. The LP-sized
books will be in a sturdy slip case along with 40 (!) CDs including every
recoverable recording from the era, commercial or academic.

Interest can be registered now at no cost for news, updates and
subscription details by e-mail to <black-europe em bear-family.com> <mailto:
black-europe em bear-family.com> stating "I want to be kept informed of the
BLACK EUROPE project". The print-run is limited to 100 copies -- so don't
miss it. For further details visit
http://www.black-europe.com <http://www.black-europe.com/>

Dr. Rainer E. Lotz
Rotdornweg 81