[ANPPOM-Lista] call for content: echo, a music-centered journal

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Dom Fev 10 13:34:44 BRST 2013

Call for Content  [image:
PDF]<http://www.echo.ucla.edu/content/component/content/article/1-latest-news/63-call-for-content?format=pdf>
 [image:
Print]<http://www.echo.ucla.edu/content/component/content/article/1-latest-news/63-call-for-content?tmpl=component&print=1&page=>
 [image:
E-mail]<http://www.echo.ucla.edu/content/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&link=6432615bf35053dc09819c26c17566c33245a99b>
*Echo: A Music-Centered Journal seeks submissions for publication. Echo’s
purpose is to create a forum for discussion about music and culture that
includes voices from diverse backgrounds and disciplines, and we are
particularly interested in work that advances interdisciplinary approaches.
We welcome work that addresses music in diverse social contexts, not
confined to any geographically, historically, or methodologically bounded
genre.

In addition to the traditional written journal articles and book, film, and
recording reviews, we are seeking original digital content for online
publication. We encourage submissions that take advantage of the
capabilities of online publishing, and offer innovative alternatives to
traditional modes of academic writing. All submissions, regardless of
medium, will be subject to peer review.

Suggestions include:

- recorded performances or lectures
- interviews (with musicologists, composers, performers, etc.) (written or
recorded)
- conversations/roundtables (written or recorded)
- vlogs (video blogs)
- podcasts
- interactive instructional sites or apps
- reviews of apps for music production, websites, and other digital media,
or any of the above

The deadline for submissions is April 1, 2013.  Please send all
submissions, including media, to echojour em humnet.ucla.edu.*

carlos palombini
ufmg.academia.edu/CarlosPalombini<http://www.researcherid.com/rid/F-7345-2011>
"Ici je ne tiens à charmer personne." (Paul Valéry, Cahiers)