[ANPPOM-Lista] CFP: Music and Metamorphosis, Griffith Univ., Brisbane, Nov 2013

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Qui Maio 9 14:54:07 BRT 2013

Music and Metamorphosis

Joint Conference of the Musicological Society of Australia & the New Zealand
Musicological Society

Dates: 18-21 November 2013

Location: Queensland Conservatorium, Griffith University, Brisbane,
Australia.

Convened in conjunction with the Fifth International Music Council’s Forum
on
Music, 21-24 November 2013

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

Deadline: Friday 31 May 2013

See http://msa.org.au/conferences/ for full details

Music is integral to our humanity and the multifarious environments in
which we
live. Like the organic permutations on which our selves and our societies
are
built, our music and its reception are in a constant state of metamorphosis
in
response to myriad personal, economic, socio-cultural, and ecological
factors.
Sometimes slowly and imperceptibly, music and our responses to it are always
shifting and changing ­ as are our attitudes and approaches to musical
frameworks and norms, and our attempts to balance tradition and innovation
in
our musical interests and endeavours.

The MSA and NZMS invite proposals for papers that address the broad theme of
music and metamorphosis, and also welcome those on other topics of interest
members. Panels of up to four papers on a common theme are also welcome.
Presentations involving an alternative mode of presentation – for example,
live
or recorded performances – will be considered on a case by case basis.

This joint MSA-NZMS conference will be one of a number of events to be held
at
the Queensland Conservatorium in conjunction with the Fifth World Forum on
Music
(http://www.worldforumonmusic.org) of the International Music Council IMC.

Further information about the MSA-NZMS conference, including proposal
submission
requirements can be accessed from http://msa.org.au/conferences/

General enquiries may be directed to conf2013 at musicresearchanz.com

--
carlos palombini
pesquisador visitante, centro de letras e artes, unirio