[ANPPOM-Lista] Fwd: [Smt-announce] Irna Priore

Graziela Bortz g_bortz em hotmail.com
Dom Jun 1 22:37:37 BRT 2014

Fico imensamente triste com essa notícia. Ela esteve em nosso II Encontro Internacional de Teoria e Análise Musical em 2011 na Unesp, organizado pelas três universidades estaduais paulistas. Foi generosa colaborando conosco de diversas formas, como parecerista, conferencista e consultora. Em nome do Departamento de Música do IA-Unesp, manifesto profundo pesar pela perda precoce da pesquisadora, amiga, colega e professora.
Cordialmente,

Graziela BortzChefe do Departamento de MúsicaInstituto de Artes da Unesp

From: luciane.beduschi em gmail.com
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 22:53:04 -0400
To: anppom-l em iar.unicamp.br
Subject: [ANPPOM-Lista] Fwd: [Smt-announce] Irna Priore

Caros colegas,
Estou transmitindo abaixo uma ultima nota sobre o falecimento da pesquisadora brasileira Irna Priore.
Cordialmente,Luciane Beduschi
Sent from my iPhone
Begin forwarded message:

From: "J. Williams" <jkwillia em uncg.edu>
Date: May 30, 2014 at 10:57:04 AM EDT
To: SMT Announce <smt-announce em societymusictheory.org>
Subject: [Smt-announce] Irna Priore

I write with deep regret to inform you of the passing of our colleague Dr. Irna Priore at about 1:00 PM EDT on Thursday, May 29. Irna was a beloved teacher, mentor, and scholar in the Music Studies Dept. at UNC Greensboro.  She served ably as coordinator of the theory area until she had to take medical leave. Irna was especially loved and respected by her students. Her record as a scholar of post-WW II European and Brazilian popular music, and as an advocate for diversity within our discipline, is well documented by her numerous publications and conference presentations.

The time and location of a memorial service for Irna will be announced shortly as will information about a Music Theory Scholarship that is being established at UNCG in her name.

--
J. Kent Williams, Ph.D.Professor Emeritus, Music Studies Dept.School of Music, Theatre and DanceUNC-GreensboroGreensboro, NC 27402jkwillia em uncg.edu