[ANPPOM-Lista] Call for Papers: “Postcolonial Apertures: Critical Times and the Horizons of (De)Coloniality”

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Qua Dez 9 01:05:31 BRST 2015

Building upon our previous work, The Postcolonialist seeks new submissions
for its next issue, “Postcolonial Apertures: Horizons of (De)Coloniality.”
Recent years have seen critical changes occur across postcolonial regions,
forcing new conceptualizations of historical accounts, national and
cultural narratives, and media discourse, along with a (re)deployment and
rejection of narrative tropes. Massive forced migrations, economic and
climate changes, and the specter of political violence have given way to a
discourse of crisis. As we unpack current debates, we invite pieces that
work with and against the terms colonial, postcolonial, and decolonial,
thus redrawing the contours of current debates on postcolonialism and its
legacies. Creative work, photography/painting series, essays, and academic
writing are encouraged, as we seek to explore the intersection of the arts,
media, and academic endeavors.

The Postcolonialist is alternative and interactive avenue by which
scholars, journalists, artists, and activists from around the world can
collaborate and engage in dialogues of culture, power, and civil society in
Postcolonial regions (encompassing the Americas, the Caribbean, Africa,
Asia, the Middle East, Diasporic communities, and indeed the
ex-métropoles). With a focus on multi-lingual and cross-regional work, The
Postcolonialist endeavors to view the global South and its diaspora in
concert. We seek to displace notions of “center” and “periphery,” instead
showcasing the artistry, innovation, and critical production of
postcolonial regions and peoples as constitutive of and central to a
globally interconnected future.

The Postcolonialist welcomes contributions across disciplines and genres.
While most contributions will be in English, submissions are welcome in
French, Spanish, and Portuguese. Artwork, relevant interviews, and
photography may also be welcome, though an initial proposal is typically
submitted. Please include biographical information separately for peer
reviewed academic submissions. Shorter pieces may be up to 1,500 words,
while feature or scholarly articles may be up to 6,000 words. A short bio
should be included with the submission. Areas of interest include but are
not limited to: 1. Arts and society (includes literature and film); 2.
Gender and political participation; 3. Education; 4. Immigration and
diaspora; 5. Civil society and the international stage; 6. Media and the
global South; 7. Citizenship and identity; 8. Language, multi-lingualism,
and language hierarchies; 9. emerging markets.

*Deadline: March 31, 2016. *Please send all inquiries and submissions to:
Lara N. Dotson-Renta, PhD Founder & Editor-in-Chief:
editorinchief em postcolonialist.com  www.postcolonialist.com.

http://postcolonialist.com/featured/call-papers-postcolonial-apertures-critical-times-horizons-decoloniality/
--
carlos palombini, ph.d. (dunelm)