[ANPPOM-Lista] Volume! Newsletter Winter 2015

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Sex Dez 11 14:36:06 BRST 2015

Hello,

apologies for crossposting.

Here is *Volume*’s lastest news:
2 publications,
2 digitization projects,
a new distributor.

*PUBLICATIONS : *

*Chanson and immigration - n° 12-1*

We just published an issue on *French chanson and immigration*, based on
the proceedings of the Conference that took place at the Bibliothèque
Nationale de France.
*"Avec ma gueule de métèque"* *Chanson et immigration dans la France de
la seconde moitié du XXe siècle* (ed. *Yvan Gastaut, Naima Yahi et Michael
Spanu*).
Read the *introduction* online here (in *French*):
http://www.cairn.info/revue-volume-2015-2.htm
<https://www.cairn.info/revue-volume.htm>

*Varia - n° 11-2*

A Varia issue was published this summer (
http://www.cairn.info/revue-volume-2015-1.htm) - there are papers on the
*Hellfest*, *Damon Albarn*, *La* *Monte Young* and the *Velvet Underground*,
as well as a translation of *Alf Björnberg’s* seminal paper on aeolina
harmony and several papers in English:
- on *sampling* <http://www.cairn.info/resume.php?ID_ARTICLE=VOLU_112_0051> in
Brazil (H. Garcia-Solek),
- *cancion social*
<http://www.cairn.info/resume.php?ID_ARTICLE=VOLU_112_0065> in Latin
America (J. Katz-Rosene),
- discourses of *loudness*
<http://www.cairn.info/resume.php?ID_ARTICLE=VOLU_112_0029> (J. Mark
Percival).
.

*Volume! in English*
*All our 48 papers in English*: http://volume.revues.org/2135 (and many
more book reviews).

*Upcoming publications : *

Late December: *Popular music and politics in the XXIst century* (Elsa
Grassy and Jedediah Sklower, eds.).
February 2016 : *Volume !* n° 12-2* "**Special Beatles Studies*".

*DISTRIBUTION*

*Distribution by Les presses du réel*

We are now distributed in France by *Les presses du réel* (from issue 7-1
on).
More info here: http://www.lespressesdureel.com/magazine.php?id=138&menu

*BUY & SUBSCRIBE*

We are an independent journal, and need your support! Subscribe! You can
directly order our journal by contacting us (equipe em seteun.net), or via
*PayPal* here: http://www.seteun.net/spip.php?article275.
For *institutional subscriptions*, contact* EBSCO, *contact
volume em fr.ebsco.com
More info here : http://volume.revues.org/1643

*DIGITIZATION*

*Vibrations. Musique, Médias, Société on Persée*

With the portal Persée (http://www.persee.fr/), we have digitized the whole
collection of the historical popular music studies journal *Vibrations.
Musique, Médias, Société* (ed. *Antoine Hennion*). It will be uploaded
progressively in 2016.
More info here: http://volume.revues.org/4193.

*« Musique et Société » on OpenEdition*

We will also be uploading digital versions our book collection in 2016
on *OpenEdition
*(https://www.openedition.org/?lang=en). Half will be in open access.

Best,
the *Volume!* team.