[ANPPOM-Lista] documentário sobre a maior pior cantora lírica de todos os tempos

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Sáb Jan 23 17:59:34 BRST 2016

Em documentário alemão, Joyce DiDonato interpreta Florence Foster Jenkins,
a maior pior cantora lírica de todos os tempos.

The Florence Foster Jenkins Story

We are thrilled to invite you to join us in creating a glamorous, touching,
and highly entertaining film experience.

This documentary feature film will examine the life of one of the most
bewildering icons of twentieth century music, Florence Foster Jenkins, the
self proclaimed opera diva famed for being the worst singer in the history
of recorded music. Through a unique fusion of documentary, fiction and
music film “The Florence Foster Jenkins Story” sets out to take a closer
look at the woman behind the aural assault and explores the bizarre
phenomenon of her fame.

Who was Florence Foster Jenkins?

Despite being dubbed “the worst singer of all time”, she remains a cult
figure whose records still outsell many contemporary artists. From the
1920’s onwards her public performances drew huge crowds who were treated to
singing so awful that it became compelling. And in 1944, at the height of
her fame, she performed a legendary sold out show at Carnegie Hall, one of
the fastest selling concerts in the venue’s history.

-*F**lorence Foster Jenkins. As quoted by Meltone Recording Studios, 1946*

How did she do it? Who was Florence Foster Jenkins really? Some see her as
a delusional eccentric, or perhaps a hopeless romantic chasing a fantasy.
To others she is an inspiration – a forerunner of camp culture, a woman
with a style and vision completely her own, who lived her dream regardless
of what anyone else said or thought of her.

*Curtain up!*

Florence’s life was anything but ordinary. So it is only fitting that our
film should be out of the ordinary, too. We aim to create something more
than a traditional documentary. Which is why we settled on an interesting
casting choice: The role of the worst singer of all time will played by one
of the best singers in the world!

Taking on the challenge of portraying “the queen of dissonance” is opera
superstar Joyce DiDonato making her cinematic debut.

*American opera star Joyce DiDonato **stars as **Florence Foster Jenkins*

Joyce will star in the fictional elements of the film as Mme. Jenkins. This
is where we need your help. These scenes will present Florence Foster
Jenkins’ fantastical world and revives the *Tableaux vivants*, a popular
entertainment of her time. Foster Jenkins used to create these living
pictures when she performed in the luxury ballrooms of New York in front of
a carefully selected audience. There she appeared as self-appointed prima
donna, reenacting scenes from famous paintings and stories, draped in the
most extravagant robes and costumes.

In our cinematic interpretation of these living pictures, Joyce DiDonato
appears in the role of Florence Foster Jenkins as singer and performer.
She will present the two contradicting musical worlds of Florence Foster
Jenkins. The music she wanted to hear, and probably did – music of beauty
and perfection, melodious and masterful. The other, the excruciating sounds
heard by her audience. And Miss DiDonato will sing both!

*Your support*

Let’s be honest, this is why we are here. The project has so far received a
lot of encouragement, for which we are immensely grateful. And we have even
managed to secure funding from broadcasters and film funds, which will
allow us to start filming in New York, tracing Florence’s life and musical
career through interviews and visits to the iconic locations which housed
her many musical clubs and performances. But this only brings us so far.

*To fully realize this vision, we need to raise an additional €15,000. And
we only have a limited amount of time to do it. But with your help and
support, we're confident we'll be able to reach this goal. *

Where does the money go?

Your contributions, every penny, will go into creating the lavish Tableaux
vivants – the living pictures which are the centre piece of the fictional
elements of the film.

Our wonderfully gifted Production Designer, Daria Kornysheva, has already
started work on designing the intricate, gorgeous sets that will appear as
the backdrop of Madame Jenkins’ interior world. And in which Joyce DiDonato
will perform as Lady Florence.

However, constructing a world from scratch, especially a world this
elaborately beautiful, with the scale and scope of a theatre production,
costs a fair amount of money. Creating the sets and props, designing and
fashioning the many costumes, it all adds up.

Your involvement will bridge the financing gap and help us to make this
film with all the glamour and operatic flare it deserves.

*Modells **for the tableaux vivants from our designer** Daria Kornysheva *

This is a huge task, and we are a small, yet dedicated team. But we believe
that with your participation and support we can create something
spectacular! Something more than a traditional documentary, which will
allow us a peek into the incredible and bizarre world of Florence Foster
Jenkins.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-florence-foster-jenkins-story#/
--
carlos palombini, ph.d. (dunelm)