[ANPPOM-Lista] amia 2016 | call for proposals

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Ter Mar 22 21:23:58 BRT 2016

The AMIA Conference Committee invites proposal submissions for papers,
sessions and workshops for the 2016 Annual Conference in Pittsburgh, PA -
November 9-12, 2016.

The goal of the Conference is to present an broadly-based program that
speaks to the wide range of attendees with a balance of theory and
practice, inviting new ideas and concepts that may stimulate additional
interest, involvement and educational benefit.  In keeping with ongoing
membership discussions about diversity and inclusion, we urge proposers to
use the conference sessions as an opportunity to include new voices and
offer diverse viewpoints.

This year, the conference will include four curated streams of programming
in addition to proposals received.  If your proposal falls within a topic
covered by one of the curated streams, please contact us  with a
description of your proposal prior to submission.  While duplicative
sessions can't be included in the program, it is possible proposals
covering other areas of the topic could be considered.  We know how much
work putting together a proposal can be, and can advise you if the proposal
is duplicative before you submit. If you would like to submit something
directly to the stream curators for consideration, we can put you in
contact.  Contact us at program em amiaconference.com<mailto:
program em amiaconference.com>.

For more information on the streams and the online proposal form go to:
www.amiaconference.com/2016-call-for-proposals<
http://www.amiaconference.com/2016-call-for-proposals>

§  AV Content and Digital Preservation.
§  What's Next in Moving Image Archival Education.
§  Do It Yourself and Community Archiving.
§  Environmental Issues and Archives.
We encourage you to read Tips for a Successful Proposal on the Conference
website (http://goo.gl/Ds0S5U). ; It explains the review process, and
offers information and tips on what the reviewers and the Conference
Committee consider in the proposal process.  If you have difficulty with
the online submission process, please contact us at amia em amianet.org<mailto:
amia em amianet.org>.

AMIA Conference Committee
program em amiaconference.com<mailto:program em amiaconference.com>
www.AMIAConference.com<http://www.AMIAConference.com>

--
carlos palombini, ph.d. (dunelm)
professor de musicologia ufmg