[ANPPOM-Lista] Fwd: 21st Century Music Practice Network

Martha Ulhôa mulhoa1 em gmail.com
Qui Mar 22 15:22:37 BRT 2018

Não sei se já receberam isto:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Simon Zagorski-Thomas <Simon.Zagorski-Thomas em uwl.ac.uk>
Date: 2018-03-21 17:57 GMT-03:00
Subject: 21st Century Music Practice Network
To: IASPMLIST em liverpool.ac.uk

Dear All
I’m sending this out to various lists and would be grateful if you could:
A). Forward it on to any groups or individuals you think might be interested
B). Forgive any cross-posting that results from this.

In 2016 a few of us established a (UK) London and the SE network on 21st
Century Music Practice which has held four events and advertised a few
others. I would now like to expand this into an international network and
am writing to invite anyone who is interested to reply to me if you would
like to subscribe to the email list (C21-MUS-PRAC em JISCMAIL.AC.UK). The
purpose of the network is two-fold:

   1. To arrange on-line and ‘in-person’ events around the world that
   explore various aspects of musical practice in the 21st century. These can
   be anything from the creative use of digital audio workstations to
   historically informed performance; from popular music performance pedagogy
   to algorithmic electronic composition; or even more metaphysical concepts
   that span styles and traditions such as the nature of creative musical
   practice or why music makes us dance. We’d like the events to be as
   innovative as possible in both form and content and that any ‘in person’
   events should to be at least in part share-able on-line.
   2. To explore new formal, structural and technological ways to publish
   practice-based research without relying primarily on text-based outputs
   which nonetheless facilitate peer review and provide parallel structures to
   text-based features such as research question/problem, literature review,
   data collection & analysis etc so that practice-based research can be
   evaluated in ways that provide greater parity with traditional research
   outputs.

If you’re already enrolled on the C21-Mus-Prac em jiscmail.ac.uk list you
don’t need to ‘re-enlist’ - but if you’re not on the list and would like to
be or if you would like to host or co-host some kind of event, please let
me know. And, of course, feel free to email me on simon.zagorski-thomas em uwl.
ac.uk if you have any further questions.
Best wishes
Simon

Professor Simon Zagorski-Thomas
London College of Music