[ANPPOM-L] FREE Professional Training Workshop at Carnegie Hall

Carlos Palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Dom Dez 4 04:02:41 BRST 2005

 >Dear list,
 >>
 >> For those of you who might know some talented young musicians
(18-30), I wanted to pass on a call for applications for an exciting
FREE Professional Training Workshop at Carnegie Hall with bassist Edgar
Meyer.  Information is below.  For further details and an application
form, visit the following link:

http://www.carnegiehall.org/article/explore_and_learn/art_proftrng_2006_meyer.html

 >> Thanks,
 >>
 >> Mark Burford
 >>
 >> The Edgar Meyer Workshop: The Porous Boundaries of Music
 >> Double bassist Edgar Meyer> -> whose work spans Western
 >> classical and American roots music> -> will host a workshop
 >> designed to create a bridge between the two traditions.
 >> Throughout the weeklong workshop, 15 young musicians
 >> will immerse themselves in both improvised and composed music,
 >> including traditional works and compositions by Meyer himself.
 >> Meyer will be joined by a distinguished group of coaches including
 >> Jerry Douglas, dobro; Béla Fleck, banjo; Mike Marshall, mandolin,
 >> guitar, and violin; and Fred Sherry, cello. The final performance will
 >> take place in Carnegie Hall> '> s Zankel Hall.
 >>
 >> REQUIREMENTS
 >> Applications will be accepted for violin, viola, cello, bass,
guitar, mandolin, banjo,
 >> and dobro. Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30.
Exceptionally
 >> accomplished applicants under the age of 18 will be considered, but
only with
 >> prior approval by The Weill Music Institute staff.
 >> TUITION, HOUSING, AND TRAVEL
 >> There is no tuition for the workshop. Travel and shared housing will
be arranged and paid for by
 >> Carnegie Hall for participants coming from outside New York City.
 >> APPLICATION DEADLINE
 >> All materials must be received by Carnegie Hall no later than
Tuesday, January 17, 2006.
 >> Applicants will be informed of their workshop status on or about
February 15.

--
carlos palombini
diretor