[ANPPOM-L] missas medievais em mp3

Carlos Palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Dom Set 11 17:36:27 BRT 2005

Just a note to announce a little milestone: there's now 100 Mass
settings from the period 1440-1520 available in mp3 format on
<http://www.princeton.edu/~rwegman/mass.htm>.

The website is part of an ongoing project that hopefully will result one
day in a comprehensive study of the development of compositional style
in the cyclic Mass of this period.  I find that the work of
transcribing, entering in notation software, editing, and acquainting
myself with the sounding end result, is invaluable in getting to know
these pieces from the inside out.

I am sharing the results online in hopes that others may feel drawn to
this repertory as well, and may find it useful in their own work as
scholars, performers, teachers, or students.  Certainly the opportunity
to build aural familiarity with dozens of first-rate settings has
changed my own historical understanding of this period beyond recognition.

Rob.

-- Rob C. Wegman Associate Professor of Music Department of Music,
Woolworth Center of Musical Studies, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
08544, USA voice (609) 258 4248; dept (609) 258 4241; fax (609) 258
6793; email <rwegman em phoenix.princeton.edu>
http://www.princeton.edu/~rwegman/

--
carlos palombini
diretor