[ANPPOM-L] Re: anthology of 20th century violin concertos

Jorge Antunes antunes em unb.br
Seg Mar 20 20:44:39 BRT 2006

Dear Mr. Bröker:

Congratulations for your interesting research about violin concertos by Latin-American composers.
I would like give you my contribution, informing you that some twenty-century composers have writen large, big, pieces for violin and orchestra, avoiding the title "Concerto".
So, I think it will be interesting if you can do a new call, explaining your intention. It is necessary to know if you want informations about large pieces for violin and orchestra, pieces that look like "concertos", or if you are interested only in works with the music form "concerto", and titled "Concerto".

For instance, the brazilian composer Guilherme Bauer has a work for violin and orchestra titled "Cadências", without a concerto form.
The uruguaian composer Leon Biriotti has a work titled "Suite concertante para violín y orquesta”.

I have two big works for violin and orchestra:
- "Tartinia MCMLXX", for violin and orchestra (1970) (15 min., only one movement).
- "Concerto para um mês de neblina", for violin and orchestra (1992) (16 min, two movements).

"Tartinia MCMLXX" is published vy Edizioni Suvini Zerboni, Mylan, Italy:  <g.bonomo em sugarmusic.com> (www.esz.it)
"Concerto para um mês de neblina" is published by Editora Sistrum, Brasilia, Brazil:   <sistrum em sistrum.com.br>

There are three important organizations that can give you informations about brazilian music:

Academia Brasileira de Musica <abmusica em abmusica.org.br>
Sociedade Brasileira de Musica Contemporanea <harrycrowl em uol.com.br>
Centro de Difusão de Música Contemporanea <cdmusica em unicamp.br>

My best wishes,

Jorge Antunes
http://www.americasnet.com.br/antunes/