[ANPPOM-L] CFP: Messiaen the Theologian, Boston University, Oct 2007

carlos palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Seg Abr 9 10:38:19 BRT 2007

Messiaen the Theologian

A conference hosted by Boston University as part of the Boston University Messiaen Project

Friday 12 & Saturday 13 October 2007

BUMP and oliviermessiaen.net announce a conference at Boston University: 'Messiaen the Theologian'. As we move to the centenary of Messiaen's birth (born 10 December 1908), this conference will explore one of the least understood and least discussed aspects of the composer. We will explore his theological training, the context of Catholic theology in France in the twentieth century and his personal theology as it is expressed in his music.

The conference will include the Boston premiere of Messiaen's recently published Fantaisie (1933) pour violon et piano and a screening of Paul Festa's award-winning film ‘Apparition of the Eternal Church’. The keynote address will be given by Rev. Dr. Stephen Schloesser, S. J. (Boston College).

Details can be found on www.oliviermessiaen.net

A call for papers has been issued at http://oliviermessiaen.net/news/conferences/bump2007papers.html

Andrew Shenton
Director, Boston University Messiaen Project