[ANPPOM-L] "Sou feia mas tô na moda" em Whitechapel

carlos palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Ter Jun 19 13:55:16 BRT 2007

Hello all

If you've been following the whole Funk Carioca (Baile Funk) debate
along the past 6 years as well as its artists, its music, its beat
production & party politics ..... and if you happen to be in London the
following week THIS should certainly make you happy, thoughtful and
ultra-informed all at once!

We're glad to invite you to watch a RARE screening of the ONLY unbiased
Baile Funk music doc 'I'M UGLY BUT TRENDY' - by Denise Garcia
(Toscographics) - as part of the film programme of our Tropical Punk
evening at The Whitechapel Gallery, on FRIDAY JUNE 22 at 7:30 pm.

I'M UGLY BUT TRENDY is a film about Rio's BAILE FUNK scene, its MCs, its
bondes (vocal/dance ensembles) and its party politics. It features live
performances and frank conversations with some of its greatest stars
such as DEIZE TIGRONA, TATI QUEBRA BARRACO, BONDE FAZ GOSTOSO, SERGINHO
E LACRAIA, DJ MARLBORO, MR CATRA, JULIANA E AS FOGOSAS, VANESSINHA DO
PICATCHU, CIDINHO E DOCA, RAMONA GUITY amongst many others.

Expect amazing performances, true stories, parties and frank
conversations on music, favela politics, beats and lyrics. FUNK CARIOCA
the way it is - NO STYLE PARODIES or FAKE ghetto manufactured stuff !!!

It's with great pleasure that we're also having filmmaker DENISE GARCIA
taking part in the session and UP for a Q&A after the screening. Come
and meet her and see it with your own eyes.

TRULY UNMISSABLE!

7:30 pm - I'm Ugly but I'm Trendy (60min)
Dir: Denise Garcia (Toscographics)
8:30 pm - Q&A with the director after the film session
9-11 pm Tetine DJ set + selected music/art videos upstairs

INFO:
WHEN: Friday / June 22
TIME: 7 to 11 pm
WHERE: WHITECHAPEL ART GALLERY
ADDRESS: WHITECHAPEL HIGH STREET, E1 7QX
ENTRY:£ 6/5 concessions £ 3 for Whitechapel Members

--
cvp