[ANPPOM-L] CFP: Ritual Dynamics and the Science of Ritual

carlos palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Qua Maio 16 09:46:22 BRT 2007

Call for Papers
“Ritual Dynamics and the Science of Ritual”
Heidelberg/Germany, September 29­October 2, 2008

Aim of the Conference

The Collaborative Research Centre "Ritual Dynamics" (SFB 619
"Ritualdynamik") was set up in 2002 as an interdisciplinary centre to
research the dynamics of ritual. It is the world's largest research
centre dedicated solely to investigating these issues, with over 90
scientists and researchers working in nineteen sub-projects. Our focus
is on the (re)invention of rituals, transfer and change - which we see
as the rule not the exception. Through questions such as: "Who invents
rituals and why?" "When and why do rituals die?" "How variable are
rituals and how do new media affect old rituals?" new avenues have been
opened up, such as research into inter-cultural ritual transfer, ritual
agency, and the connections between rituals and new media.

To give focus to the enormous potential of this field, the conference
will be structured around themed panels. At present eleven panels are
planned, but we are very open to proposals for additional panels.

For more information: www.rituals-2008.com <http://www.rituals-2008.com>

Submission Guidelines: Call for papers

If you wish to propose a paper please send an abstract of no more than
300 words (the talk itself should last no longer than 20-25 minutes)
together with a one-page curriculum vitae (rtf or Word format) to the
chair of the relevant panel (see webpage). Submissions must be sent by
latest.

Proposals for Panels

If you wish to propose an additional panel please send an outline of no
more than 500 words together with a one-page curriculum vitae (rtf or
Word format) to Dr. Brigitte Merz (contact em rituals-2008.com
<mailto:contact em rituals-2008.com>). Proposals must be submitted by 15
June 2007 latest.

Deadlines

Submissions and proposals must be sent by 15 June 2007 latest. The
decision about which papers and panels will be included will be made by
the executive committee of the SFB 619. Applicants will be informed
about the decision by 31 July 2007.

--
cvlp