[ANPPOM-L] FWD: Brazilian horn music

Jos=?ISO-8859-1?B?6SA=?=Luiz Martinez rudrasena em uol.com.br
Seg Out 1 18:22:07 BRT 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:Brazilian horn music
Date:Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:09:19 -0500
From:Elizabeth Dunning <lizerdgizerd em hotmail.com>
<mailto:lizerdgizerd em hotmail.com>

Hello! My name is Elizabeth Dunning and I am a doctoral student focusing on
horn performance at the University of Missouri-Kansas City Conservatory of
Music. I am very interested in music for the horn from Brazil. I am planning
to do a lecture recital in the spring on this subject. I have mostly been
working from the Antonio Augusto article in the Horn Call from about 10
years ago. I have found a few (not many) of the pieces he listed, but have
had very little success otherwise in finding pieces. Here are some pieces I
think might be interesting. The libraries listed are where Mr. Augusto said
these pieces could be found. I have not found any of them on the library
websites and so far the IUCAT website does not list them either. I would be
interested in these pieces or any other pieces you can find for solo horn or
horn and piano.

Maria Helena da Costa - O Cacador (University of Sao Paulo Music Library)
(solo horn)
Assis Republicano - Concertino (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro Music
Library)
Claudio Guerra-Peixe - Espacos Sonoros (Biblioteca Nacional)
Francisco Mignone - Tetrafonia (with the composer's widow) (horn, flute,
oboe, clarinet)
Ernest Mahle - Sonatina (Piracicaba School of Music Library)
Joao Otaviano - Canto Elegiiaco (Federal University of Rio Music Library)
Francisco Braga - Chant d'Autmne (Biblioteca Nacional); Canto de Outono
Mario Ficarelli - Interludio (Sao Paulo University Music Library)

I have already tracked down the Guarnieri Etude, Melodia by Osvaldo Lacerda
and Duo by Claudio Santoro.

I would very much appreciate any help you could give me with this. I would
be glad to pay you for your time and any copies of anything you can find.
Thank you so much!

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Dunning
ead26c em umkc.edu <mailto:ead26c em umkc.edu>
lizerdgizerd em hotmail.com <mailto:lizerdgizerd em hotmail.com>
(816) 419-7582