[ANPPOM-L] FWD: Brazilian horn music

Alexandre Negreiros alexandrenegreiros em yahoo.com.br
Seg Out 1 20:13:35 BRT 2007

Hi, Elizabeth,

I don't know if you are so focused to leave away brazilian popular
music, but what comes to my mind is a contemporary brazilian duo that
plays Choro music (with one CD dedicated to Pixinguinha). They are
Silvério Pontes e Zé da Velha, Silvério plays a very sweet trumpet
and the Zé da Velha a nice and soft trombone, and they are amazing.

You can listen to their music at this link: http://
umquetenha.blogspot.com/2006/12/z-da-velha-silvrio-pontes-s.html

Take a look, they sound great. Hope they fit your research.

Alex