[ANPPOM-L] Fw: favor: divulgacao

Adriana Lopes Moreira adrimauricio em uol.com.br
Sáb Abr 17 18:33:42 BRT 2010

Caros colegas,

Solicito ampla divulgação do periódico Analytical Approaches to World Music, que será lançado em agosto de 2010 e conta com expressivo corpo editorial.

Atenciosamente,
Adriana Lopes Moreira

- - -

Profa. Dra. Adriana Lopes Moreira
Departamento de Música
Escola de Comunicações e Artes
Universidade de São Paulo
CMU-ECA-USP
Tel. 55 11 3091 4330, r.200
www.cmu.eca.usp.br

----- Original Message -----
From: Irna Priore I_PRIORE
To: Adriana Lopes Moreira
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 10:42 PM
Subject: favor: divulgacao

Por favor, voce poderia fazer o favor de divulgar a informacao abaixo (a ANPPOM tem alguma lista?)?
Eu faco parte do corpo editorial.
Obrigada,
Irna

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

We are pleased to announce the formation of the new online journal Analytical Approaches to World Music (aawmjournal.com).

AAWM aims to bring together analysts from a broad range of conceptual and cultural traditions in order to explore new modes of musical description and understanding capable of navigating the multicultural soundscape of the twenty-first century. In so doing, AAWM seeks to expand the potential for musical analysis from a cross-cultural perspective by applying diverse theoretical and analytical concepts to repertoires outside the Western art music tradition.

We welcome submissions that examine world musical traditions from a wide variety of analytical and theoretical perspectives. These may include, but are not limited to: the adaptation of analytical approaches usually associated with Western art music to address various world music traditions; the use of indigenous analytical tools and strategies to characterize particular musical styles and genres; and the development of "hybrid" analytical systems and theories that integrate the aforementioned approaches.  Furthermore, we whole-heartedly embrace research that encompasses various formal, cultural, aesthetic and philosophical analytical perspectives.

It is our hope that by bringing together analysts from a broad range of conceptual and cultural traditions, new modes of musical description and understanding may emerge.

AAWM will be published twice a year, and work in tandem with the AAWM conference, which operates on a biennial schedule.

Submissions that take full advantage of our online format through the use of sound files, images, video files, flash animation, hyperlinks, or any other pertinent media are particularly encouraged.

We welcome articles of moderate length (up to 10,000 words), as well as shorter essays, interviews, editorials, and reviews.

AAWM employs the author-date system, as found in Chapters 16 and 17 of The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition. Text should be double-spaced and written in 12-point font. Endnotes, rather than footnotes, should be employed.

All submissions are subject to blind peer review. Therefore, any identification of the author should be removed from all submitted documents and media.

AAWM will not accept submissions that have been previously published or are currently under review for publication with another journal.

The inaugural issue will be released in August, 2010.

Please send submissions as Microsoft Word (*.doc) or pdf files to: aawmjournal em gmail.com

EDITORS
Lawrence Shuster (University of Massachusetts Amherst)
Rob Schultz (University of Massachusetts Amherst)

ASSOCIATE EDITORS
Robert Labaree (New England Conservatory of Music)
Panayotis Mavromatis (New York University)
David Racanelli (Dowling University)

MANAGING EDITOR
Aikaterini Dimitriadou (New York Public Library)

EDITORIAL ASSISTANT
Maisie Sum (University of British Columbia)

ADVISORY PANEL
Kofi Agawu (Princeton University)
Simha Arom (Directeur de Recherche Emérite au CNRS, France)
Stephen Blum (CUNY Graduate Center)
Richard Cohn (Yale University)
Nicholas Cook (Cambridge University)
Peter Manuel (CUNY Graduate Center)
Robert Morris (Eastman School of Music)
Lewis Rowell (Indiana University)
Martin Scherzinger (New York University)
Michael Tenzer (University of British Columbia)
Godfried Toussaint (McGill University)
Richard Widdess (School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London)

EDITORIAL BOARD
Christina Anagnostopoulou (University of Athens)
Ben Bierman (John Jay College, CUNY)
Paul Burdick (New England Conservatory of Music)
Martin Clayton (Open University)
Jack Douthett (Albuquerque, New Mexico)
Rachel Hall (St. Joseph's University)
Áine Heneghan (University of Washington)
Jerry G. Ianni (Laguardia Community College, CUNY)
Ellen Koskoff (Eastman School of Music)
David Locke (Tufts University)
Irna Priore (University of North Carolina Greensboro)
Jay Rahn (York University)
Ramon Satyendra (University of Michigan)
Sumarsam (Wesleyan University)
Dmitri Tymoczko (Princeton University)