[ANPPOM-Lista] University of Pittsburgh: pd fellowships in the humanities and social sciences 2013-14

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Seg Dez 3 19:08:25 BRST 2012

The University of Pittsburgh Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and
Sciences is
offering approximately five postdoctoral fellowships in the humanities and
social sciences for the academic year 2013-2014. These are not intended for
Pitt
graduate students and graduates. Fellows will teach one course each
semester,
complete scholarly work, and participate in the academic and intellectual
communities of the departments with which they are affiliated and across the
Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences.

To foster interaction within the group of fellows and with ongoing concerns
of
the Humanities Center, the World History Center, and other programs on
campus,
we seek applicants with projects that engage the concept or practice of
comparison­across time, space, language, genre, discipline or other
category.
How do we, at this moment, compare? Why do we compare? What can be compared?
What do we gain by comparing? What do we lose? We welcome any proposal
relating
to these issues.

We invite applications from qualified candidates in the humanities and
social
sciences who have received, or will receive, the PhD between September 1,
2011
and April 1, 2013. As part of the application, applicants who have not
already
received the PhD must submit a letter from their dissertation chair with the
scheduled defense date. The annual stipend will be $45,000. Fellows may
apply
for an additional year renewal. For more information or to apply, visit
http://www.as.pitt.edu/postdoctoral-fellowship-program.

Applications must be received by 5 p.m. EST on March 1, 2013. We expect to
announce the awards by April 15, 2013.

The University of Pittsburgh is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer
and educator. Women, minorities, and international candidates are especially
encouraged to apply.

--
carlos palombini
www.researcherid.com/rid/F-7345-2011