[ANPPOM-Lista] CFP Interference: A Journal of Audio Culture

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Qui Fev 16 15:11:28 BRST 2012

*Call for Papers:  (Issue 4)*

Deadline for Abstracts: April 16th 2012
Submit Abstracts to: editor em interferencejournal.com
Submission Guidelines<http://www.interferencejournal.com/submission-guidelines>

Interference: A Journal of Audio Culture has three issues currently in
various stages of completion since its establishment in 2010. This includes
our inaugural issue, An Ear Alone is not a Being, currently online, A Sonic
Geography, available in Spring 2012 and Noise Please, our third issue
currently in progress and due for publication in Autumn 2012. At this
moment in time we would like to take the opportunity to thank everybody who
has helped us so far: contributors, editorial board, advisory panel,
referees and academic institutions CTVR, Trinity College Dublin and The
Graduate School of Creative Arts and Media (Gradcam) for their ongoing
support. The inauguration of an academic journal through an open access
model is a collective project built on free labour, and can’t be sustained
without the ongoing collaboration and generosity of a broad community.

While still a relatively new discursive platform, Interference would like
to take the opportunity in our fourth call for papers to invite submissions
for a more open call, stepping momentarily outside the strong thematics
that have shaped our previous three publications. At this crucial stage,
we, as a community, wish to reflect on the breadth of disciplinary
orientations and perspectives that populate audio cultures, a theoretical
and practical richness that continues to strike us with each successive
call we circulate.

We use this call to encourage contributions that are metacritical of audio
cultures, in it’s epistemic, theoretical and methodological orientations,
and invite papers that approach sound studies from a multitude of
perspectives. This might address the growing currency of sonic
methodologies such as soundwalking, deep listening and field recording in
qualitative research, or alternatively, explore the application and
recombination of frameworks informing diffuse areas such as media theory,
sociology, philosophy, anthropology, musicology and performance to the
audible as a cultural trope. In every instance we aim to contribute to the
development of a disciplinary field that is working to establish a set of
common territories, vocabularies and frames of practice.

Interference balances its content between academic and practice based
research and therefore accepts proposals for both academic papers and
accounts of practice based research.

--
carlos palombini
www.researcherid.com/rid/F-7345-2011