[ANPPOM-Lista] Seeing Sound: Practice-Led Research Symposium, Bath Spa University (UK)

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Qua Jan 27 21:21:05 BRST 2016

 Seeing Sound

[image: commons]

*Practice-Led Research Symposium, Bath Spa University (UK)*

*STOP PRESS: Seeing Sound 4 will take place on the 9th/10th April 2016.
Submissions are now OPEN!
<http://www.seeingsound.co.uk/seeing-sound-2016/2016-submissions/>*

Seeing Sound is an informal practice-led symposium exploring multimedia
work which foregrounds the relationship between sound and image. It
explores areas such as visual music, abstract cinema, experimental
animation, audiovisual performance and installation practice through paper
sessions, screenings, performances and installations.

[image: mediawall2]

Seeing Sound 4 will take place at Bath Spa over the 9th and 10th of April
2016. It represents a move away from the winter months, and a physical move
also – although still hosted on our idyllic Newton Park campus, the event
will be hosted in our new state-of-the art Commons building. We will make
full use of the two-storey MediaWall
<http://artdesign.bathspa.ac.uk/mediawall> that stands at its centre in a
programme which foregrounds video synthesis and expanded cinema.

Full information on previous events – in 2009
<http://www.seeingsound.co.uk/programme/>, 2011
<http://www.seeingsound.co.uk/programme-2/>, 2013
<http://www.seeingsound.co.uk/sswp/seeing-sound-2013/> and 2014
<http://www.seeingsound.co.uk/sswp/seeing-sound-2014/> – is also maintained