[ANPPOM-Lista] red bull music academy: applications open (montreal 2016)

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Sáb Jan 30 10:36:30 BRST 2016

Red Bull Music Academy is a global series of workshops and festivals
focused on fostering creative exchange through music. Each year we bring
together a select group of producers, DJs, vocalists, instrumentalists and
sonic experimenters for two whirlwind weeks that include extensive studio
sessions, once-in-a-lifetime performances and a slate of lectures by
musical luminaries. This yearly Academy is an oasis of musical freedom:
philosophical salon, collaborative master class and frenetic
Parliament-Funkadelic jam session all in one, with the unexpected moments
of revelation such a combination encourages. In 2016, we’ll be bringing the
excitement to Montreal for our second Academy in Canada.

Though the main event runs for two sessions of two weeks each, Red Bull
Music Academy is truly a year-round project, with standalone workshops,
festival stages, lectures and other assorted special events taking place
all over the world – maybe even in your hometown. The brick-and-mortar
Academy experience is always available online as well, via coverage of the
most exciting sounds and artists around on our online magazine the Daily,
the in-depth programming of live recordings, interviews and themed shows on
RBMA Radio and an extensive archive of lectures available for anyone
looking to dive into the deep end of a vast pool of musical knowledge.
We’re looking forward to bringing these ongoing efforts to Montreal, a city
with a diverse musical heritage we’ll be exploring even further during our
time there.

Past lectures have featured singular artists varying from Laurie Anderson
and Hudson Mohawke to Brian Eno and Erykah Badu, sharing life lessons and
anecdotes from across their influential careers. Listen carefully – what
they say will affect you more intensely than you ever could have
imagined.Our state-of-the-art studios are available to participants 24/7
and boast enviable synthesizer and instrument collections that might make
you shed tears of joy. Now’s the time to collaborate with your fellow
participants or hone tricky tracks of your own, whether jamming in the main
room or holing up in the bedroom studios with our crack studio tutors and
visiting producers.

Over the course of the Academy there are concerts, club nights or special
events happening practically every night, featuring both participants as
well as international headliners covering numerous genres and scenes. Let
loose and enjoy the moment – the studios will still be open afterwards.

http://apply.redbullmusicacademy.com/#

--
carlos palombini, ph.d. (dunelm)
professor de musicologia ufmg