[ANPPOM-Lista] MATA Festival 2017: Call for Submissions

Fernando Iazzetta iazzetta em usp.br
Sáb Jan 30 21:03:30 BRST 2016

______________________________________
MATA Festival 2017: Call for Submissions
Application Deadline: February 1st, 2016 11:59pm EST

MATA seeks submissions from composers under age 40 or otherwise in the early stages of their careers for our 2017 Festival of New Music in New York City. We accept all music: from fully notated to improvised, sound art, video, electronic, found instruments, toys, installations and everything in between. Approximately 30 composers will be selected to have their work performed at our Spring 2017 MATA Festival. Selected composers will either receive a performance of a pre-existing work or a commission to write a new piece. Performers are among the world’s finest ensembles and in the past have included chamber groups large and small, vocalists, soloists, and much more.
Please submit links to scores and recordings of your two best works; a one-page resume; a list of compositions; and contact information through our website http://matafestival.org/2017-mata-festival-online-submission/ . We will only accept digital submissions. There is no entrance fee.
Audio : we accept either links to recordings hosted on a personal website or through SoundCloud . Please provide direct links to the works submitted. Links must be streamable. YouTube and Vimeo links are acceptable if your work involves visual elements.
Scores : we accept links to PDF documents either through a personal website or Issuu or other host.
Please ensure that your links remain in operation indefinitely, as the review process will take place in the spring and summer of 2016. Do not provide links that will expire after any period of time. If we cannot access your links, we are unable to evaluate your work.
Selected composers will be notified by Fall 2016.
If you have any questions about the submission process please check our FAQ and if you can’t find an answer there, email info em matafestival.org .
Full details at:
http://matafestival.org/2017-mata-festival-online-submission/