[ANPPOM-Lista] tilde ˜ new music and sound art: call

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Dom Out 2 12:05:33 BRT 2016

Calls for 2017 Festival

Information for applicants:
Calls for Expressions of Interest in the 2017 festival are now open and
will close on 23rd October 2016 at 11:59PM AEST

Please read the information below before submitting an application, and contact
us <http://www.tilde.net.au/contact/> with any questions.

   - *Calls are open for the following*:
      - Projects and performances <https://tilde.net.au/eoi-projects/>
      including notated music, improvisation, installations, and
electroacoustic
      performance. Tilde particularly welcomes submissions featuring solo and
      ensemble repertoire, female composers and sound artists, and
site-specific
      works.
      - Collaborative projects <https://tilde.net.au/eoi-collab>. Artists
      submit their interest in participating in a collaboration with other
      festival artists. Groups meet in the weeks leading up to the festival to
      prepare a 10-minute site-specific performance.
      - Fixed-media works <https://tilde.net.au/fixed-media> to be
      presented at the Festival in the sound installation. Further
details on the
      form. Call closes on the *31st of December at 11:59PM AEST*.
   - *Tilde New Music Festival* is hosted at Testing Grounds in Southbank,
   Melbourne, and the Australian Institute of music in King Street, Melbourne.
   Testing Grounds is currently being renovated and will open again in late
   Spring, 2016. Stay tuned for more information about the new setup and tech
   specs.
   - Please contact us if you need help tracking down resources for your
   project. Even if we don’t have the funds to buy or hire equipment, we may
   know someone willing to lend it.
   - *What we look for from EOIs*:
      - Experience of practitioner;
      - Aesthetic and ideological suitability (see below);
      - Logistics: can we support the project?
   - *Aesthetic considerations:* Tilde promotes contemporary (new – art
   music), exploratory and experimental music. Our program usually consists of
   contemporary composers (Australian and international - focusing on
   Australasia, nothing written before 1967*), electroacoustic performance,
   improvisation in a free or post-classical style (i.e. not jazz), and
   inter-disciplinary collaboration (previously we have had dancers, painters,
   animators, and performance artists). We also have an installation featuring
   sound art/electronic and computer music.
   - *International and Interstate Applicants*: while we welcome EOIs from
   international applicants, please be aware that we have *no funding to
   support travel*. We will write letters of support for applicants to
   apply for funding to travel from other states in Australia, and
   internationally, and will help to find cheap or couch-surfing-style
   accommodation from our network here in Melbourne.
   - Previously Tilde has run on no money at all and at this stage nobody
   involved has been paid. If our recent funding applications are successful,
   all artists will be remunerated for both performances and rehearsals.
   Artists are encouraged to apply to funding bodies for any costs that Tilde
   is unable to support, and we will be happy to write letters of support for
   this purpose.

*Unless programming older but little-heard works

https://goo.gl/Q6LRKo

​(Via Líian Campesato)​

--
carlos palombini, ph.d. (dunelm)