[ANPPOM-Lista] ARSC Conference 2018: Call for Papers and Posters

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Sex Out 13 21:50:56 BRT 2017

The Outreach Committee of the Association for Recorded Sound Collections
(ARSC) posts the following message.

--- 2018 ARSC CONFERENCE: CALL FOR PAPERS AND POSTERS --- Proposal deadline:
January 2, 2018

The Association for Recorded Sound Collections invites proposals for papers,
panels, and posters at its 52nd annual conference, to be held May 9-12,
2018, at the Radisson Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, Baltimore, Maryland.

ARSC welcomes presentation proposals on the preservation and study of sound
recordings -- in all genres of music and speech, in all formats, and from
all periods. In recognition of our host city, Baltimore, we especially
encourage presentations that focus on the rich history of composers,
broadcasters, musicians, performers, record labels, studios, songwriters,
and personalities in Baltimore and the Mid-Atlantic region of the United
States.

In addition, the Program Committee invites proposals pertaining to:
-- Materials science and new methods of sound transfer and recovery
-- Collaborative research, preservation/access projects, and community
archiving projects
-- Recorded sound in the digital age: collection, curation, and preservation
-- Audio preservation workflows and collections management techniques.

We seek papers, panels, and posters that are informative, display a passion
for their subjects, and include compelling audiovisual content. Share your
special interests with our engaged community of collectors, historians,
musicians, preservationists, archivists, and audio engineers.

SUBMISSION INFORMATION and GUIDELINES

The deadline for presentation proposals is January 2, 2018. Receipt will be
acknowledged by e-mail. Presenters will be notified of acceptance
approximately one month thereafter.

You may submit your paper/panel proposal using this form:
https://goo.gl/forms/bIg8KxX0OWwumgNo1

You may submit your poster proposal using this form (dimensions
forthcoming):
https://goo.gl/forms/MaPlc85sYwKl28ts1

IMPORTANT: Presenters must register and pay for the conference. Presenters
grant ARSC the right to record and distribute their conference presentations
and PDF versions of posters (if possible), including PowerPoints or other
slide shows, unless they specify otherwise in writing.

For more information, visit:
http://www.arsc-audio.org/conference.html

Questions about the Call for Papers and Posters should be directed to
Patrick Midtlyng, ARSC Program Chair:
arscconference2018 em gmail.com

The Association for Recorded Sound Collections is a nonprofit organization
dedicated to the preservation and study of sound recordings -- in all genres
of music and speech, in all formats, and from all periods. ARSC is unique in
bringing together private individuals and institutional professionals --
everyone with a serious interest in recorded sound.