[ANPPOM-Lista] ricordi lab call for composers

Carlos Palombini cpalombini em gmail.com
Ter Nov 20 15:56:12 -02 2018

Ricordi Berlin is looking for young composers

After the great success of the first edition, Ricordi Berlin decided to
continue its program to collaborate with young composers. Ricordilab will
provide the opportunity for emerging composers to participate in a
three-year collaboration with our publishing house from 2019 to 2022.
Ricordi Berlin will publish selected works and provide international
promotion for the successful applicants and will also support the laureates
with expertise in the music business. We are looking for composers from
various musical backgrounds with promising and unique compositional voices
to enrich Ricordi Berlin’s roster. Works for stage are highly welcome.

Backed by our international associated partners, we are looking forward to
supporting the career of the laureates. The associated partners agreed to
feature more than one laureate more than once until the end of season 2022.
Our new partners are: Bamberg Symphony, Festival Eight Bridges | Music for
Cologne, International Music Festival Heidelberger Frühling and
huddersfield contemporary music festival. If a laureate with stage works is
selected, Sächsische Staatsoper Dresdenoffers a traineeship for several
weeks in one of their productions and the option for a commission for a new
work for Semper Zwei. Semper Zwei is the small stage of Sächsische
Staatsoper Dresden, specializing in experiential and contemporary stage
works.

An advisory board of internationally renowned experts will consult us in
the selection process.

Find here all information about the first edition of ricordilab.

Advisory Board

Hervé Boutry Consultant, former director of Ensemble intercontemporain
Enrique Mazzola Artistic and Music Director of the Orchestre National d’Île
de France and principal guest conductor of Deutsche Oper Berlin
Younghi Pagh-Paan Composer
Costa Pilavachi Former Senior Vice-President of Universal Music
Ilona Schmiel Executive and Artistic Director of the Tonhalle-Orchester
Zürich
Melissa Smey Executive Director of Miller Theatre, New York

Please refrain from contacting members of the advisory board.

Terms and Conditions

Applicants must be born after August 31st, 1979
Applicants must submit 3 works (if applying with stage works: 4 works)

Each work has been performed or commissioned by at least one professional
ensemble/orchestra
The work is not published yet
A recording (not necessarily commercial) of each work is required
Scores and parts need to be engraved with Finale or Sibelius
If applying with stage works, at least one of the works must be written for
voice(s) with ensemble/orchestra

The works must be for the following instrumentation:

One work for ensemble (6-12 musicians)
One work for large ensemble (12 – 18 musicians)
One symphonic work (more than 18 musicians)
One work for stage (ad libitum)

Online application

Applicants should submit the following mandatory materials:

Completed online form
Complete list of works (with details of year, title, subtitle, duration,
instrumentation, date/place and ensemble of the world premiere, program
note, publisher if relevant)
Scores (pdf):

One work for ensemble (6-12 musicians)
One work for large ensemble (12-18 musicians)
One symphonic work (more than 18 musicians)

If applying with stage works (ad libitum):

In addition to the scores mentioned above: One work for stage
One of the other submitted works must be written for voice(s) with
ensemble/orchestra

Recordings of the submitted works (mp3)
CV (in English, maximum 3,500 characters including spaces)
List of upcoming performances and commissions
Press quotes (in English, extracts preferred)

Benefits provided to successful applicants

Publication of selected works
Legal handling (collecting societies, royalties, licensing, accounting)
Production and distribution of published works
International promotion (personal meetings with our clients, print
publication, press activities, website, newsletter, social media)
Team members of Ricordi Berlin will actively consult the laureates
regarding the development of their careers

Apply now
November 15, 2018: Applications open
January 15, 2019, 23:59 pm: Application deadline
September 2019: Notification of acceptance

https://www.ricordi.com/ricordilab

--
carlos palombini, ph.d. (dunelm)
professor de musicologia ufmg