[ANPPOM-L] CFP: Current Musicology Mozart issue

Carlos Palombini palombini em terra.com.br
Sáb Out 22 14:32:09 BRST 2005

CALL FOR PAPERS

Current Musicology, a leading forum for scholarly music research,
announces the publication of a special issue to commemorate W.A.
Mozart's 250th birthday in 2006.

We invite articles by historical musicologists, music theorists, and
ethnomusicologists, as well as scholars engaged in interdisciplinary
music research (i.e. opera studies, aesthetics, film, etc.). We are
especially interested in the work of musicologists who are presently
engaged in or have recently completed their graduate studies.

SPECIAL ISSUE THEME

Submissions may explore any aspect of Mozart's music and life; Mozart
historiography and reception; or other Mozart topics of interest to a
general musicology readership.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

We welcome submissions from any scholar actively engaged in music
research. In keeping with the original mission of Current Musicology, we
encourage scholars in the first stages of their academic careers to
submit work for consideration. Submissions should be 15-30 pages
double-spaced (approximately 3,500 to 9,000 words) including musical
examples, and should be accompanied by:

A cover letter including your current mailing and e-mail addresses; A
250-word abstract of your article; Three copies of your manuscript (one
copy for electronically-submitted articles).

The deadline for submitting articles is January 27, 2006. Articles may
be submitted via e-mail to current-musicology em columbia.edu or by mail to:

Current Musicology
Department of Music
Columbia University
614 Dodge Hall, MC 1812
New York, NY   10027

Because we review submissions anonymously, we ask you to remove your
name and any other identifying information from the manuscript. Please
refer to our website for additional manuscript preparation guidelines:
www.music.columbia.edu/~curmus/contributors.html. Manuscripts will not
be returned.

INQUIRIES

Further information about the journal is available at
www.music.columbia.edu/~curmus/.  Questions should be directed to the
Editor-in-Chief at current-musicology em columbia.edu.

--
carlos palombini
diretor